All walks start in the Old School Playground adjacent to St James church, where there is limited parking. This is used as a thoroughfare so if needing to park please do so considerately. Alternatively, parking is available on Whiteside Bank.
Please observe the country code:
- Guard against all risk of fire
- Fasten all gates
- Keep dogs under proper control
- Keep to paths across farm land
- Avoid damaging fences, hedges and walls
- Leave no litter
- Safeguard water supplies
- Protect wild life, wild plants and trees
- Go carefully on country roads
- Respect the life of the countryside
- Where possible take dog faeces home, or leave in appropriate bins
For more information about walking in Northumberland, visit Walking Nothumberland, which has details of 90 walks in all parts of the county, as well as books and maps. The County Council also provides a useful Rights of Way map for Northumberland online. Details can be found here.
NEW CYCLE ROUTES – the Parish Council is working on a series of cycle route leaflets with more information to follow:
** Route 1